Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 49

We've been packing & going all sorts of admin that never seems to come to an end. The only thing for it is chocolate. I am afraid to say that I have been eating some & that I have also been drinking WAY too much coffee.

That's probably why my weight has stuck this week.
I still feel skinny though :)

On Sunday I went to gym. Monday we walked to Fish Hoek & back & Tuesday we walked to Muizenberg & caught the train back. I had a big gym session yesterday so the exercise is going well.

I bought a bag of pears at Pick 'n Pay the other day that are so tasteless. I just don't think that pears are naturally tasteless...they must have done something to them.

I was also so surprised & I almost cried, because, although it is quite irritating when squeezing fresh lemon juice, to end up with pips you have to dig around for: breeding pip-less lemons is totally uncalled for & quite frankly, very sad. I feel like nothing is pure as 'nature intended it' any more. I don't even mind pips in grapes: I just don't add those grapes to my fruit smoothie.


This whole thing fits in with the general societal standard that legs / beards etc should be shaved. Its just not natural...but we do it anyhow so that we're not the only one who's leg-hairs catch the sunlight making them obviously & luminously visible. Plus I quite like beards...but only on men! It's natural!!

No pips in lemons feels worse. It just doesn't feel right.

No comments:

Post a Comment