Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 24

"Another one bites the dust" playing around in my head again.
What a victory!

I can hardly believe it, but I'm another kg down!
HA! 3 weeks & 3 days and I'm 5kg down!

My bathroom scale isn't brilliant - its actually quite a shocking cheapy that's consistancy is not brilliant at all: so I take 3 measurements and take an average if there are differences in the first 2!
It weighs me in slightly heavier than at the gym and on my mom's fancy electronic scale.

(I liken this to setting half my time devices 10 to 15 minutes ahead in an attempt to be on time for things - this drives Geoff a little mad (and amuses him simultaneously) as he only wants to know the actual time & sometimes I get confused by how much I have added to my car clock / cell phone clock / kitchen clock / computer clock as I change them sometimes....)

In the last 24 days, I've had the odd block of chocolate after a meal... pizza... too much animal protein... and at least 4 bad combination meals, but the bottom line is that I can feel the benefits of food combining -- it is like a miracle. And yet so obvious.

I have even been waking up at 7am and have had time to snuggle with Geoff.. read my book.. (if my writing style starts sounding like a bad romance novel, it is because I am reading one at the moment)... think about things before the day begins instead of launching in: in half haziness, half panic at all that needs to be done.. I have contemplation time.

Yesterday I went to Pick 'n Pay to get some water, fruit & other essentials. I was so hungry.
I am not a big one for shopping off the evil "till isles" ie: the chocolate treat isles designed to make you stand and look at chocolates, mouth watering....just to spend money & undo all the healthy food shopping in your basket.

Geoff almost always grabs a chocolate to eat on the way out & finishes it in record time (usually before its even been paid for, so only the empty wrapper goes through the bar code thingie).

So: I was standing there... waiting... trying not to let my eyes fall on the options... when I spotted the Twix bars. I LOVE Twix... My mouth literally started watering.
I tried to convince myself that I'd only have 1 half. My angel reminded me that it is not possible. I willed myself not reach out and take one. I am so proud to say: I resisted. When I got to my car, I opened the packet of pears I'd just bought & ate one (it was so yum) and then took myself off to gym.

Choices made one step at a time.
Stopping the creation of potential bad habits before they can take hold is not easy, but I'm sure its worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Go Gins! You good lady...down with Twix...evil little bars that come in packs of two. WHO can only eat one? Or even one pack...when I was supply teaching, after a bad day of school, I ate TWO packs. Eek! How things have changed...sort of *wink*...I tucked into a lindt easter egg yesterday! x

    ReplyDelete