Thursday, March 29, 2012

7-month mommy ready to get back into herself!

I had a beautiful pregnancy & gave birth to my little girl on the 9th of September 2011. Geoff and I have been doing many beach walks, but other than that, the only exercise that I have been getting is baby-related: picking her up, putting her down..bouncing her etc. My arms feel pretty strong but the rest of me has been constantly achy and sore

SO I come to the reason why I have returned to this blog:

A week and a half ago I went surfing. The waves were beautiful! I was pathetic. I just couldn't get my body to do what it knows it should be able to.

We went to see Sting this past Tuesday night. I tried on about 8 different outfits - all of which had something uncomfortable feeling about them - & eventually I went with something I wear all the time. Boring. I really wanted to dress up but am too out of shape to wear the cloths that I really love. PLUS: Sting is in such good shape at age 61 that seeing him was the final straw:

Yesterday (Wednesday), I did 5 rounds of sun salutations & swam 40 lengths (1km) at the gym. Today I did 8 rounds of sun salutations. I plan on getting up to between 15 and 20 rounds every morning.

I have also stopped cold turkey on eating between meals (unless I'm really starving I will have a fruit)... I am easing back into the Natural Way.

Geoff and I bought a water filter for our tap so we have been drinking tons of water without having to lug heavy bottles behind!

So I am resetting my progress report...
My last mission saw me lose 8kg.
My new goal is to healthily lose 8 to 10kg - 3kg of which are still baby-kilograms.

No comments:

Post a Comment